Some of our most recent successes include:
- New Hampton City Council adopted a resolution for tobacco-free parks in the City!
- 14 youth and adults participated in focus groups that were held to discuss alcohol related concerns in Chickasaw County, and to get qualitative data for the County Assessment.
- Law Enforcement and Juvenile Court Services participated in interviews regarding their experiences with underage drinking for the County Assessment.
- A questionnaire was completed by members of the executive board and assessment committee to provide feedback for selecting priorities to focus on in the County!
- New Hampton Community Schools lent iPads to the Coalition that were used to record interviews and focus groups.
- New Hampton High School Senior, Danni Priestley, attended the I-STEP Tobacco Prevention Summit in Waverly!
- Lawler's Irish Fest used the ID scanners, had alcohol server presentations from County Law Enforcement (Reed Palo), displayed signs, and purchased their own wrist bands to follow best practices for safety at their event!
- The County Assessment Workbook (CAW) was completed and submitted to IDPH!
- The Tri-Ethnic Readiness Assessment for youth binge drinking was completed and submitted to IDPH!
- In the last year, Quitline Iowa saw a 20% increase in Chickasaw County participants!!
- Chickasaw County Public Health continues to encourage residents who use tobacco to call Quitline Iowa. Two billboards are now on display promoting Quitline!
- The Executive Committee met to plan and prepare for the July coalition meeting.
- Rotary (Danielle Day) asked law enforcement and the Partnerships for Success grant coordinator to present about Chickasaw Connections at their July 2nd meeting!
If we continue to work together and engage a variety of community members in our mission, we can make a difference and create real, long lasting change in Chickasaw County! Thank you for all the hard work!